Saturday, November 15, 2008

Front Disc Brake

I was debating getting the inner section of my front brake disc powder coated to match the frame. I started stripping the black paint that was on there when I got the bike. I decided I liked the all metal look of the disc, so I sanded out the scratches and buffed it to a shine. See below:


I spent about 3 hours on this. I'm quite satisfied with the results. In general, the bike will be yellow, gunmetal gray, and silver like the wheels. I will be having some parts keep their natural metal look, and some parts powder coated a gray to match the paint job. I'm thinking of getting a select view pieces chromed as well. I'm wondering if I should spray the rotor with a clear coat (the non-braking surface of course)... Maybe that will keep the metal from rusting or oxidizing.

No comments: