Saturday, August 15, 2009

Shaping my custom tail - part 2

More shaping is done, and the right side front piece has been bondo'd on.

As you can see in the last one, I've got my new headlight on. It's actually a mockup for making new mounting brackets. I've been looking at the frame and front end for so long, in a stripped down condition, that I've gotten used to the tank being the highest point on the bike. Once I mounted up the gauges, yuck, I don't like how much they stick up. I don't want to spend money for a custom gauge... For now, I'm just putting off what to do about the gauges.

I'm really loving the light, and have overcome some design hurdles in making the brackets for cheap. I'm relocating the horn, modifying the horn bracket/light hanger thingy, and totally modifying the light hanger to hang my new light and horn. I can't wait to finish the light so that I can install my handlebars, controls etc.