Sunday, January 1, 2012

Motorcycle lift progress

Mostly done. Just need to source some scrap plate for the top and sort out the little ramp to get the bike on it. I bought the $89 front wheel clamp and am waiting for it's arrival.

Removable rear section so I can easily remove the rear tire. (requires jack under bike which I haven't sorted yet.)
Rear corner detail showing how the removable section stays in place. You can see the angle iron support for the plate top welded up on this side. Need more angle iron.

Other end is finished but I forgot to take pictures of it. It was removed for convenience of working around the lift when it's raised.

This was long overdue to happen. The cut-off wheel on my angle grinder exploded in my face while cutting the tubing. I got really lucky and only took a small scratch to the nose. I was wearing safety goggles, gloves and earplugs, but not a face shield. And of course, I've removed all the guards from my grinder so that it works better.

No comments: